12th September 2017
As of next week we will officially be in Autumn (although it may feel like it already!), so to get us all in the mood we have put together a lovely seasonal recipe suggestion for our delicious Lees Meringues.
This easy dessert is like an adult version of a sticky toffee apple… yum!
Lees Favourite Autumn Afters
Stewed Apple Filled Meringues Drizzled with Salted Caramel
Meringue: Lees Premium 8 Meringue Nests
3 Large Cooking Apples- peeled, cored and sliced
15ml Lemon juice
400ml Double Cream
120g Caster Sugar
100g Unsalted Butter
60g Golder Syrup
150ml Double Cream
15g Fine Salt
- Firstly, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks, place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the sliced apples, sugar, lemon juice and water into a saucepan.
- On a low heat stew the apples until tender, stirring every now and again.
- Allow the apples to cool, before serving.
- For the salted caramel, add the sugar, butter and syrup into a small heavy based pan and simmer for approximately 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the cream and salt (you may want to add more salt to taste).
- Heat for another 2-3 minutes, but be careful that it does not burn.
- To serve, place the individual meringues onto serving dishes.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream onto each nest.
- Place the stewed apples on top of the cream and drizzle the salted caramel all over each of the meringues.
This dessert is made to serve right away!