Here are a few delicious recipes for your Macaringues which will turn them into a real treat.
The Macaringue shells are perfect for filling with whipped cream and chopped berries.
Lees Pink ‘Macaringues’, Double Cream, and your favourite Berries.
1. Firstly wash and chop the berries, sprinkle with a little sugar for that extra sweet taste.
2. In a bowl, whisk the double cream on a high speed with an electric mixer, until medium peaks form.
3. Add the berries to the bowl and mix with a spoon, slightly squashing the berries as you fold.
4. Spoon the mix onto each shell and serve straight away.
Make sure your cream and bowl are chilled before staring.
Alternatively use the berry mix and Macaringues as part of an Eton Mess.
For a special treat, why not fill the Macaringues with a rich chocolate ganache.
Lees Macaringues, Dark Chocolate (75%) and Double Cream
1. Make sure the chocolate is in chunks.
2. Add the double cream into a medium sized saucepan, bringing it just to boil.
3. To the pan add the chunks of dark chocolate, stirring constant, until it melts.
4. Once fully melted, place into a mixing bowl, allow it to cool completely.
5. For a fluffy and rich frosting, whisk the mixture on a high speed for a few seconds.
6. Add a spoonful of the ganache to each shell and sandwich together.
These can be made up in advance
Try adding rum or a liquor to the ganache for an even more indulgent treat.
Velvety Vanilla Sandwich
Sandwich two shells together with a smooth and creamy buttercream filling.
Lees Macaringues, Spreadable Butter, Icing Sugar and Vanilla Extract
1. Leave butter out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before starting.
2. Add the icing sugar, vanilla extract and softened butter to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Spoon the buttercream onto the shell and sandwich the shells together.
Try adding flaked almonds to the mixture for extra crunch.
Pretty Pastel Ice-Cream Sundae
Simply serve with your favourite ice-cream.
Lees Macaringues, Strawberries and ice-cream
1. Wash and hull the strawberries.
2. Layer the strawberries and your favourite ice-cream into a serving glass.
3. Add the Macaringues on top for that perfect sweet crunch.