2nd October 2018
With temperatures dropping Lees of Scotland have created the perfect indulgent treat for those cosy nights in
Chocolate, Cranberry and Orange Nests
There is very little cooking time and takes 30 minutes to prepare. (Serves 8)
60g Caster Sugar
8 Lees Premium Meringue Nests
30ml of Orange flavoured liqueur
1 large orange; zest, peeled and segmented, and a little of the juice
300ml Double Cream
50g Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa Solids)
1. Whisk the double cream until it holds shape, keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. In a saucepan add the cranberries with the sugar, liqueur, orange zest and any of the orange juice left from segmenting. Heat through gently, until the cranberries start to pop.
(The cranberry mix needs to cool at least an hour before serving it with the meringue).
3. In a bowl grate the dark chocolate, this is for decoration.
4. For serving I think it’s best to use a wooden or slate board.
5. Place the meringues onto the serving dish.
6. Add the whipping cream to the meringues and place a couple of orange segments on each.
7. Spoon the cranberry mix evenly onto the meringues.
8. Top with grated chocolate.
- This can be served straight away, or can leave up to 2 hours.
- Any seasonal fruits can be used.
- The liqueur is optional.